Monday, February 8, 2010

Kinderbach Review

As a member of the TOS Homeschool Review Crew, I was given a three month trial to Kinderbach, Piano for Children. The website can be found here: http://www.kinderbach.com/index.html

Kinderbach is an online piano teaching curriculum for young children. I have a piano and I have no clue how to play it. I do desire for my children to learn how to play, but to be honest, the cost of piano lessons was a bit too high for us right now, so the piano has sat dormant for the past two years. Enter kinderback, and our piano has a new lease on life!

I enjoyed the instructional videos (I learned along with my children) and was impressed with the thoroughness of the lessons. My preschooler up to my eight year old can use it. I think it is a fantastic way to begin piano lessons. One of the big pluses for me was, regardless of how many students I have using the material in my homeschool, the price stayed the same. Also, the program can go at each child's pace, so my oldest may only need to watch each video once to learn the concept where as my four year old may need to view the lesson several times in order to learn it well. Another plus for me was the fact that I don't need to schedule piano lessons and lug my children to lessons or have to have a teacher here. If my children are sick (which is weekly during the winter) I don't have to worry about paying for missed lessons.

The kinderbach curriculum has 6 levels: each level package includes:
1- Activity DVD which provides entertaining keyboard and music instruction.
2- Music Audio CD- has all the same songs included in the activity DVD and children can listen to the proper way the music should be played and then use it to practice along with.
3-Activity Book CD (this contains two books) The first book is the activity book which reinforces the lessons with games etc and the second book is a parent guide.

According to the website, prices range depending on which package you choose to purchase. For example a super starter package is $55.95 and a Bonus Level Package for levels 1-6 is $222.88.
I find the price very reasonable. Plus Kinderbach offers a free online trial (which I would do, so you can get a feel for the program without shelling out any money), as well as a 30 day guarantee. Worth a look!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment