Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Children's Bible Hour Book Review


"Mom, how much is 70 times seven?" my daughter Emily asked me tonight. I quickly did my math, which is about as good as my art skills. "490", I replied. "WOW, that's a lot" she stated. "Yes, Emily, God is gracious and forgiving towards us and he expects us to treat others the same way." I was able to say, "That is why it is so important to show forgiveness to your sisters even when you may not want to."

Our conversation continued for a few minutes longer, as they tend to do at bedtime, when all the problems of the day are expressed and solved. I credit Children's Bible Hour Ministries for the series of Seasons of Faith illustrated picture book series I was sent to review as part of the TOS homeschool Review Crew. We had the pleasure of reading along with four excellent books, "Seventy Times Seven"; "You can't Come in"; "Race with Midnight"; and "Braving the Storm". Each beautifully illustrated book also contains a CD with a recording of Uncle Charlie narrating the story.




Each story contains a wonderful Gospel message and at the end listeners are given the opportunity to ask Jesus to be their Savior. I loved these books. I put the Cd's in while I was preparing dinner and my children followed along with the book. The books cost $10.00 each, are soft covered, and are sized 10 x 8.5. If you order the Seasons of Faith book set from the website http://www.cbhministries.org/ between March 17- April 15, 2010 you can get free standard shipping, just use the code FREESHIPAPR15

No comments:

Post a Comment